Are you having a hard time finding healthy restaurants in Charlotte? It’s easy to find a burger or pizza, but where do you go when you want a nutritious meal? If you’re sick of fast food and are looking to lose weight in the New Year, this guide is for you. We’ll take a look at some of the top healthy restaurants in Charlotte and get you started on a path to success in 2022.
Healthy Food in Charlotte
While many think of Charlotte as a place of barbecue and fried chicken, there are plenty of healthy options in the Queen City as well. What can you find in terms of healthy food in Charlotte, NC?
There are lots of different types of healthy restaurants to choose from in Charlotte. Whether you’re looking for a nutritious smoothie, a fresh salad, or vegetarian/vegan dishes, there’s something for you here.
If you’re on a specific diet and are looking for keto, paleo, or gluten-free, you’ll be happy to hear that you can find those in Charlotte as well. Most healthy restaurants in the city feature a diverse menu to satisfy different tastes and diets.
There’s far more to healthy food in Charlotte, NC than just soup and salad. You can find healthy food from all over the globe here, including healthy Mediterranean and South African cuisine.
In short, there’s plenty of healthy food out there in Charlotte. You just need to know where to look! We’re here to help with the top 10 healthy restaurants and then some.
Top Healthy Restaurants in Charlotte, NC
Let’s check out some of the top healthy restaurants in Charlotte. They are split up into different categories to make it even easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
Best Juice Bars in Charlotte
Sometimes all you want is a good juice to get your day started. Juice cleanses are all the rage these days and are a great choice to start the year in a healthy way.
Here are a few of the best spots for a good juice in Charlotte:
- Juice Box: A wide variety of smoothies, juices, and essential shots as well as healthy bites like acai parfaits. Located at 3100 N Davidson St #101.
- I Love Juice Bar: Creative options for juices and shots along with resets featuring six different items. Located at 1204 Central Ave #100.
- Clean Juice: Cold-pressed juices, acai bowls, protein smoothies, and much more. Several locations in Charlotte including 1616 Camden Rd Suite 130.
Best Salad Restaurants in Charlotte
One of the best ways to kickstart a healthy diet is by having a salad for lunch. Load up on veggies and add a healthy protein like tofu or grilled chicken for a filling and nutritious meal.
These are some of the most popular places to grab a salad in the Queen City:
- Chopt Creative Salad Co: International flavors in a variety of salads and bowls. Their amazing dressings are available to take home as well. Located at 212 S Tryon St Suite 100.
- Salata: Build your own salad or wrap with a ton of ingredients and dressings to choose from. Great for a quick, healthy lunch in the city center. Located at 601 S Tryon St #131.
- Just Salad: Extensive menu of salads, bowls, and wraps with rotating seasonal choices. Located at 1021 Morehead Medical Drive LCI Building 2 Suite 30000.
Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Charlotte
If you’re trying to eat healthier this year, you’ll definitely want to include more vegetables in your diet. Try to eat all the colors of the rainbow every day, which is easy to do when you visit vegetarian and vegan restaurants.
These are some of the best options available in Charlotte:
- Flower Child: One of the most popular healthy restaurants in Charlotte, NC. Full menu with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Located at 1537 Camden Rd.
- Living Kitchen: A local favorite with vegetarian choices and organic ingredients. Offers breakfast all day and a fantastic Sunday brunch. Located at 2000 South Blvd #300.
- Fern, Flavors From the Garden: Highly-ranked local vegan restaurant with seasonal menus that’s open for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Located at 1419 East Blvd Suite A.
- Bean Vegan Cuisine: 100% plant-based menu featuring a variety of vegan burgers and southern classics. Lots of creative dishes such as tofu & waffles and jackfruit tacos. Located at 3001 E Independence Blvd.
Healthy International Restaurants
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to give your tastebuds something new, why not check out one of the many international healthy restaurants in Charlotte, NC?
These restaurants will take you all over the world on a culinary journey. Best of all, they’re all nutritious and delicious. Here are some of the top healthy international restaurants in the city:
- YAFO Kitchen: Highly-rated Mediterranean street food with build-your-own sandwiches and bowls, as well as entrees like stuffed avocados. Three Charlotte locations including one at 1331 Central Ave #101.
- Oh My Soul: A great vegan restaurant all the way from South Africa! Features a huge menu of plant-based food including build-your-own breakfasts on the weekend. Also has a full bar and live music. Located at 3046 N Davidson St.
- Abugida Cafe: Ethiopian fare with plenty of vegetarian options in addition to the popular chicken, lamb, and beef dishes. Located at 3007 Central Ave.
- Bahn Mi Brothers: Known for their take on the famous Vietnamese street food sandwich, which has a French influence with a baguette. Other popular items include fresh spring rolls and vegan noodle bowls. Located at 230 E W.T. Harris Blvd suite a7.
Staying Healthy in Charlotte
Remember that it’s important to stay active in addition to eating well. Thankfully there are many fun activities in Charlotte, both indoors and outdoors.
Don’t forget about getting a good night’s sleep, either. Being well-rested and staying active are both important aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
Stick to these healthy restaurants in Charlotte or cook nutritious meals at home and you’ll see results in no time. Make this the year that you prioritize your health and see it through.
If you need some guidance on your journey, Blue Sky MD Charlotte is here to help. Contact us today to find out more about our proven weight loss program in Charlotte and achieve your goals in the New Year or schedule an appointment online.