As men age, testosterone production decreases. When production drastically drops or ceases, a range of symptoms and complications can occur. The latest research suggests that low testosterone, or Low-T, in men can cause fatigue, decreased energy, muscle loss, reduced sexual desire, and depressed mood. Additionally, Low-T can influence diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome and osteoporosis. A simple blood test can determine whether or not you are suffering from Low-T, but there are plenty of other signs and symptoms of low testosterone that can point to a problem.
- Testosterone is what fuels a man’s sex drive. As men age, most of them experience a decline in sex drive to varying degrees as symptoms of low testosterone in men. Men suffering from Low-T will notice a drastically lower sex drive, and may have problems with erectile dysfunction.
- Testosterone also affects hair production. Men with low-T may experience a loss of body and facial hair as a sign of low testosterone.
- Low-T can leave men feeling more than a little tired at the end of the day. Men with low-T often report feeling completely depleted with extreme fatigue. This level of fatigue is more than just the normal, run of the mill feeling of drowsiness.
- In addition to feeling severe fatigue, research has shown that men with low-T are more likely to experience depression, irritability, or a lack of focus.
- Because testosterone plays a role in the building and strengthening of muscle, men with low-T might notice a decrease in both muscle mass and strength, especially in their arms, legs, or chest. Men who hit the gym trying to rebuild muscle mass may find their efforts frustratingly difficult. Besides losing muscle mass, signs and symptoms of low testosterone in men include low testosterone levels can cause weight gain and an increase in body fat particularly around the middle.
No need to worry if you or the man you love seems to be suffering from any of these symptoms, low testosterone can be easily treated with skin gels or creams, under-the-skin pellets that release testosterone slowly or testosterone injections. Contact us to have your testosterone levels checked, and start your journey today.