Fall is quickly approaching and whether you are excited or not for the cooler weather, it’s time to get prepared! Not only do we need to dust off those bins full of sweaters and boots, but it’s time to reach back in the cabinet and pull out the ever so handy crockpot!
The crockpot is a kitchen tool everyone should have to help with weight loss. Why? Well it will be your best friend during cooler weather to help you meal prep and we all know meal prep can make or break your weight loss success!
If you are unfamiliar with how a crockpot works, here’s a brief 101.
- Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot
- Turn it on
- Leave it alone for 4-8 hours (depending on recipe) and do WHATEVER you like!
Pretty easy right? That’s why we love the crockpot for meal planning, it takes so little time and when it’s done you can have either a week’s worth of meals done for lunches or dinner for the family. To get you started, here are 5 fall crockpot recipes we know will help you on your weight loss journey:
- White Chicken Chili: Here is a different spin on chili. This would be a good option for anyone who may not like the tomato base of a traditional chili.
Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup, Calories: 222, Carbohydrates: 26g
- Stuffed Cabbage Casserole: Casseroles are delicious but who wants to take the time to put one together? Throw all the ingredients into the crockpot and you still have that same yummy taste but less time spent in the kitchen.
- Italian Turkey Meatballs: These meatballs would make a great addition to some zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or even making a meatball pita for lunch!
Serving size: 4 meatballs, Calories: 200.5, Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Chicken Taco Chili: Craving tacos? This taco chili could be a great addition to your weekly menu and the whole family will love it!
Serving size: 1 cup, Calories: 220, Carbohydrates: 28g
- Latin Beef Stew: Beef stew is one of those comfort foods we all crave during cooler weather. Here is a different twist on the traditional beef stew to try!
Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 263, Carbohydrates: 17g
Now that you have some good recipes to get you started, pull the crockpot out (or head to the store to get one) and give your meal prepping a Fall facelift! Remember, meal prepping is one of those weight loss essential habits to incorporate for success. Benjamin Franklin said it best:
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
If you aren’t sold on these recipes, there are MANY more to try! Visit our Blue Sky MD Pinterest page for some other ideas.